Parents and Families
Supporting your students throughout their career journey
The Career Development Center works with St. Thomas students throughout the entire process of making career decisions, whether they are choosing an academic major, learning about careers and industries, or finding internships and jobs as they take the next step. You can support your students' career exploration and development by encouraging them to do any of the following:
- Create a plan for their career.
- Create a resume, preferably reviewed by a Career Development Center staff person.
- Seek out an internship or other work experience related to an area of career interest
- Speak with at least two professionals working in areas of their career interest.
- Develop an understanding of interviewing techniques, networking, and job search communication.
- Connect with a Career Educator for guidance and personalized advice.