Minnesota requires all undergraduate students born after 1956 to be immunized against TD and MMR.
All students, faculty, and staff are required to be vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus before returning for the fall 2023 term. The vaccine requirement will remain in place for the 2023-2024 academic year. See COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement page for more information.
If you have had measles, mumps, rubella (MMR), the law requires that you either have a blood test done to prove immunity or a physician's signed document attesting to the disease and the month and year in
which you had the disease.
There is no option for proof of immunity to tetanus-diphtheria (TD). Vaccination is required.
All new undergraduate students must provide two MMR vaccination dates, one TD (often administered as TDAP) vaccination date (within the last ten years), and two COVID vaccine dates by the 1st day of class. To comply:
- Login to myHealthPortal. (New students will be able to log in the day after registration.)
- Select 'My Forms' from the menu
- Select the 'Immunization Verification' form
- Enter two MMR vaccination dates
- Enter one TD (tetanus-diphtheria; often administered as TDAP) vaccination date within the last ten years
- Select 'Submit' and log off
Submit Your Vaccination Dates
Login to the health portal to enter the dates you received your MMR and TD using the Immunization Verification form. Proof of two COVID vaccinations must be uploaded.
Exemptions and Additional Instructions
Your family or health care provider may already have this information or the health office of your previous
school. International students may have an immunization booklet.
Online resources may also be available from the state in which your vaccinations were received:
- Minnesota - Health Services will check the Minnesota Immunization Information Connection for your records.
- Wisconsin - See the Wisconsin Immunization Registry.
- Iowa - See the Immunization Registry Information System.
- Other states - See the CDC Contacts for IIS Immunization Records to see if the state in which you received your vaccinations has an online immunization information system.
If you are unable to find your immunization information or have questions, please call the Center for Well Being at (651) 962-6750.
Fill out the MMR/TD Exemption Form. Make sure it is officially notarized by a Notary, and submit it through myHealthPortal using the document upload.
Graduate & Professional Students
Graduate and professional program students are encouraged to provide their immunization information to assist in clinical care and/or travel health, but it is not a requirement.
All registered graduate and professional students, undergraduate students, faculty, and staff are required to upload proof of two COVID vaccinations before returning for the 2023-2024 academic year. You can upload a photo of your vaccination card using "document uploads" found on myHealthPortal. See the Covid Vaccine Requirements page for more information.