Housing for Current & Returning Students
Please remember that first-year students are required to live on campus for their second year. We guarantee space in our residence halls for all current first-year students going into their second year.
Housing for 2024-25
For the 2024-25 academic year, we will be offering a couple different processes:
- Current first-year students are required to live on campus as part of the Two-Year On-Campus Living Requirement. You will have the opportunity to choose a roommate/s if you want and participate in our online housing self-selection process. Below you will find a general timeline for when you will receive housing information and select your room for the 2024-2025 academic year.
- November 20 - Application will be live in the housing portal in Murphy Online.
- By March 31- Enter the housing portal to finalize re-application by:
- Reviewing the Student Residence Agreement and electronically signing that you have read it.
- Review and preference any Second-Year Living Learning Community options. This is NOT required, but an option if you are interested.
- Set an initial roommate group PIN so you may be pulled into a housing selection by any friends with whom you may want to live. You may change or add a PIN at any time before March 31 through the housing portal. You are NOT required to have a roommate in order to select housing.
- Disclose any medical or disability housing accommodation needs to Residence Life and have necessary paperwork submitted to Disability Resources Office for review.
- In February/March - Attend information sessions regarding housing selection and tours of apartment and residence hall spaces.
- By April 12– Students in SYLLCs are assigned to Frey Suites
- April 16- Residence Life runs the lottery process and sends students their Housing Selection Time.
- April 17 -Students self-select housing in various spaces across campus.
- Current Sophomores, Juniors or Seniors, NOT required to live on campus as part of the Two-Year On-Campus Living Requirement will have an opportunity to participate in the housing selection process beginning in December.
- November 6 - Application becomes available in the housing portal. Please refer to this guide if you need assistance completing the application.
- December 8 - Application due to be able to participate in Upper-Divsion Housing Selection lottery process.
- December 12- Selection times sent to student based on lottery process.
- December 13- Students self-select housing in various spaces across campus.
- December 20- Students who did not self-select housing and are still interested in on-campus housing can complete a form to be placed on a waitlist for on-campus housing. Please refer to this guide for instructions; students on the waitlist will be contacted as options become available.
- Students who are planning on studying abroad Fall 2024 will be able to apply for Spring 2025 housing in the housing portal when the application becomes available and should not participate in the above processes. Remember second-year students are required to live on campus as part of the Two-Year On-Campus Living Requirement.