The University of St. Thomas Information Security Department defines and implements University-wide policies, procedures, standards, and functions spanning across, IT Governance, Network Security, Application Security, Compliance, and Identity & Access Management.
- Monitors the campus network and systems for signs of compromised systems, and investigates security violations
- Manages and enforces information security policies, standards, and guidelines
- Manages the security awareness program
- Partners with operational units in ITS to manage login services, user account provisioning, user entitlement and privileges
- Acts as a liaison with University leadership, General Counsel, St. Thomas Public Safety, and law enforcement
- Serves as the policy and compliance leads for ITS