First Year Students
As a student living on campus, you will be called to live, learn, and work inclusively in our shared commitment to advance the Common Good. We strive to provide an inclusive and learning-centered experience for our residents. Our Residence Life team of student leaders and professional staff look forward to engaging with you in the Tommie Advantage.
Your timeline for housing as an incoming first-year student is:
- December to May 1 – Apply to live on campus and tour campus
- March – Complete your Housing Preference Form and let us know if you want to be in a Living Learning Community (LLC) or a Theme-Based Learning Community (TBLC), along with which halls you prefer
- April/May – Complete your Course Preference Form
- May/June – Find a roommate in your LLC *or* let us know if you have a roommate request *or* we will match you up
- July – Attend Orientation and receive your Housing Assignment
If you have been accepted, we look forward to having you join us on campus! Be sure to:
- Apply to live on campus by submitting your $400 housing deposit via the Application portal
- Learn more about the First-Year Experience, especially our Living Learning Communities (LLCs)
- Explore our Residence Halls
- Understand our Residency Requirement, which has all First and Second-Year students live on campus
If you have any questions, please contact us right away so we can help.