The Aquinas Scholars Honors Program
A Community of Scholars Dedicated to Academic Excellence and Achievement.
The Aquinas Scholars Honors Program is the undergraduate honors program of the University of St. Thomas. The program is designed to enrich the educational experience of the school's most talented and dedicated students by creating a community of scholars dedicated to academic excellence and the ideals of a liberal arts education.
Honors classes provide students intimate learning environment and personal access to some of the top professors at the University.
- Honors courses fulfill the same degree requirements as non-honors classes.
- Courses are offered in a variety of disciplines, catering to a broad range of majors.
- Classes are limited in size to foster discussion and allow for more interaction between faculty and students.
- Assignments allow for in-depth analysis of topics.
Honors seminars are free 2-credit team-taught courses.
- Seminars bring students and faculty from different disciplines together for stimulating conversation and discovery.
- These interdisciplinary courses help students build a broad academic background.
- Classes are limited in size to foster discussion and alow for more interaction between faculty and students.
- Honors seminars are tuition free and credits count toward the overall graduation requirements.
Honors Scholars can particpate in unparalleled first-year opportunities for incoming students.
- Incoming Honors Scholars are enrolled in one honors course each semester of their first year.
- Students get a head-start on the honors course requirements and the Core Curriculum.
- From the very first day of classes, students get to know and interact with other Honors Scholars and Faculty.
- Incoming Honors Scholars get to live with a community of scholars in the residence halls.
- Special social, academic, and service programming allows them to build relationships in a supportive environment.
An incredible Community of Scholars dedicated to excellence. The organization of nearly 300 students learn, work, serve, and play together. Students in the Honors program do many things together from shared classes, community service, sporting events and more.
A private Honors Lounge for meeting, studying, and relaxing.
- Aquinas Scholars are privileged to use the Lounge located in MHC 200.
- Computers and a printer are available, and reasonable printing is free of charge.
- Honors students enjoy complementary refreshments including: coffee, tea, hot chocolate, apple cider, and water.
Honors Scholars recieve unique Access to the University, with seminars from top professors, meetings with the president and other top administrators, and exclusive activities in and around campus.
One can combine a major in any academic discipline (both liberal arts and professional) with honors education. Anyone interested in the honors program should go to the "about" page in the menu on the top of this page, or e-mail the Faculty Director of the honors program.
First-Year Honors students have the opportunity to live in the Aquinas Scholars Honors Living Learning Community. To learn more about the LLC, please visit http://www.stthomas.edu/livinglearningcommunities/