Domestic/U.S. Non-Credit travel
All sponsoring departments must notify the Office of Study Abroad (OSA) for all off-campus programs and overnight travel. Contact Suzanne Windett, 651.962.6456, email@example.com, for guidance in completing the following steps.
Before selecting students or confirming student participation:
- Prepare a timeline by which students are required to have completed their online travel registration.
- Verify the good standing (both academic and conduct) of each applicant.
- Conduct probation status can be checked in collaboration with the Dean of Students office.
- Academic status can be verified either via Murphy or by requesting an unofficial transcript from each student.
During the semester prior to departure:
- Require students complete the online travel registration. Sponsoring departments must ensure that all students complete this registration. It is highly recommended that departments sponsoring travel keep a record of all travel registrations.
- Require any accompanying travelers (for example, a parent) to sign the appropriate waiver. Contact OSA to obtain the waiver.
- Conduct orientation sessions for students which include information on:
* A general overview of expected behavior on the program
* Travel Safety information
* General health issues or concerns (e.g., students should make the group leader aware if they have a chronic condition).
- St Thomas Student Health Services is available for consultation and can conduct a session on health and safety for travelers.
- If you plan to rent a car during your off-campus travel, review the UST Motor Vehicle Operation Policies, Procedures and Certification Program, and you will need to complete the Authorization to Obtain Driver Record form.
- OSA will provide all travel information to Public Safety, and provide sponsoring departments will weekly reports of registered travel. Faculty and staff accompanying students are required to carry this during their travels.