Registration is closed for this program for Spring Semester 2022. Late registration may be possible for selected classes through January 25. Please contact the Selim Center by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding this possibility, including the undergraduate class(es) in which you are interested.
Spring Semester 2022 Registration Information
Lifelong learners (age 40-plus) are encouraged to continue their education by taking regular undergraduate classes along with younger students. Participants are able to enroll as auditors in a variety of courses, on a space-available basis.
Please note: The University of St. Thomas will not collect vaccine status for Selim Center or other non-degree seeking students. The Selim Center expects that any student registering for any Selim Center program will be fully vaccinated. Individuals who are not vaccinated for whatever reason will be expected to follow current guidelines related to masking and distancing.
- A list of eligible courses will be printed and available for viewing on registration day. A list of available courses (one for languages and one for non-languages) will be available 5 business days prior to registration and may be requested from the Selim Center by email: email@example.com
- You may preview this information online at this link. Be sure to select Spring 2022 from the semester drop-down box. Please note that there are limits to auditors in many departments and not all courses shown in the online system are auditable through this program.
- Questions about specific course availability must be directed to the Selim Center. Please email the Center with questions prior to registration day; do NOT contact instructors or departments regarding course availability.
- We are not able to place auditors in graduate level classes.
- Students through this program may participate in class discussions, without writing papers or taking exams. No college credit is earned, and courses taken do not count toward completion of degree or certificate programs.
- You can preview the required textbooks for courses on the book store website: http://tommiebooks.stthomas.edu/tommiebooks1/selecttermdept
- Students participating in this program must adhere to the policies of the University regarding code of conduct and use of University resources. This document can be reviewed by clicking on this link: https://www.stthomas.edu/media/officeofgeneralcounsel/policies/601-Student-Conduct-Code.pdf
- Registration fee: $250.00 with a limit of one course per student; payable by check or cash, only.
- Auditors through this program take their courses free of tuition charge, but pay the registration fee, plus pay for books, photocopying or other fees. Students also pay for on-campus parking.
Auditors through this program must have reliable computer and smart phone capability since the class system (Canvas) and university e-mail system require these tools to access the systems, plus to move to distance learning should the need arise.
- This program requires in-person registration. Registration is available only by appointment on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. Email the Center to register, indicating your preferred time period (morning or afternoon). The Center's email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be placed in the first available time slot in your preferred time period and will receive registration location information with your appointment confirmation.
- Payment is required at the time of registration. The Go to College program can only accept check or cash payment of the registration fee.
- You must attend the first day of class to participate in this program. The spring semester term begins on January 31, 2022 and ends on May 13, 2022. You may only attend the course for which you registered through the Center.
Questions? Please contact the Selim Center. Email: email@example.com or phone: 651-962-5188.