Divisions and Functions
Facilities Management is committed to providing the highest quality planning, services and maintenance necessary to support the University of St. Thomas' educational goals. This guide summarizes which division to contact for your service needs. For a more specific guide to Facilities Management services, go to the Quick Reference Guide.
The Campus Scheduling Services team facilitates the scheduling of St. Thomas’ location resources for academic courses, and internal meetings and events. Campus Scheduling is an Administrative Department, thus available and processing requests Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 4:00pm.
For more information, please visit the Campus Scheduling Services website.
- General carpentry
- Furniture repair and restoration
- Window repair
- Door hardware repair
Questions about carpentry services may be directed to Facilities Management at 651-962-6530.
- Receiving and delivery of University purchases
- Data entry in Banner
- Return of office product merchandise
- Warehouse inventory and management
- On-campus and intra-campus moves
Questions about Central Receiving services may be directed to Paul Hietpas at 651-962-6387.
Information and guidelines for receiving at St. Thomas may also be found at UST Central Receiving.
- Routine, emergency, and special cleaning
- Carpet cleaning
- Classroom supplies
- Floor cleaning, stripping, waxing
- Lightbulb replacement
- Support for campus events
- Trash removal
- Window cleaning
Questions about custodial services may be directed to Bob Guggisberg at 651-962-6531
- Fire alarm maintenance
- Electrical maintenance and repair
Questions about electrical services may be directed to Dan Hoffman at 651-962-6986
- Fire safety
- Fire extinguisher maintenance
- Elevator maintenance
- Employee Right to Know
- Hazardous waste & HasMat disposal
- Safety Training
Questions about environmental safety services may be directed to Colin Brownlow at 651-962-6533
- Lawn Care
- Street, sidewalk, parking lot maintenance
- Snow removal and road/sidewalk sanding
- Support for campus events
- Tree and shrub maintenance
Questions about grounds may be directed to Roger Weinbrenner at 651-962-6566.
- Interior and exterior painting
- Sheet rock repair
- Vinyl wall coatings
Questions about painting services may be directed to Jim Hoffman at 651-962-6532.
- Confidential paper
- Electronics for recycling or reallocation
- Furniture for recycling or reallocation
Questions about recycling services may be directed to Nichole Boehmke at 651-962-6388.
Web information about recycling at UST may be found at the UST Recycling Page.
- Vehicle maintenance
Questions about vehicle maintenance services for UST vehicles may be directed to Roger Weinbrenner at 651-962-6546.
The mechanical maintenance department is responsible for creating a learning and working atmosphere that is comfortable, energy efficient, and environmentally responsible.
The department staff and shop are located in the Physical Plant building and is supervised by the chief engineer. Daily duties include: responding to customer submitted work requests, routine building rounds, and preventive maintenance task.
Our main responsibilities are:
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Plumbling Maintenance and Repair
- Energy Management and Temperature Control
- Energy Conservtion and Sustainability
- Support for Campus Events
Questions about utilities and energy management may be directed to David Clysdale at 651-962-6544.