How to Travel Safely
The St. Thomas Center for well-being has list of recommendations about how to travel safely as well as the current regulations around quarantine. Please see the COVID-19 International Student Travel (pdf) for more information (this document is subject to change as CDC regulations change, so please come back to this webpage to check for the latest updates)
Airport Pick-Up Service
If you are arriving from abroad, you do not have to quarantine anymore due to a change in the CDC guidelines.
Please book your flight arriving on August 31st if you need transportation from the airport. Email Amanda Hager at email@example.com to share ALL your connecting flight and contact number information.
If you already booked your flight and are arriving before the 31st that’s totally ok, just be sure to send me your flight information- you will still be able to move onto campus!
If you are arriving from within the U.S., you can arrive on between August 31-September 2nd . Information about scheduling your move-in time with Residence Life will be sent to your St. Thomas email.
If you are living off-campus, feel free to check in during the week of August 31st and see the events throughout the week in the orientation schedule below!
New international students (F1/J1) are required to complete Immigration Check In with the Office of International Students & Scholars upon your arrival to the U.S. BEFORE your classes start. Please note that for the safety of our students and staff, Fall 2020 Immigration Check in will be held virtually.
Steps to complete the Check In:
1. Send a scanned copy of your F1/J1 visa page to OISS@stthomas.edu
2. Update your local address and phone number on Murphy Online
3. If any questions, please schedule a zoom appointment with an OISS advisor OR visit us during Orientation! We'd like to meet you!
Let me know if you have any questions!
- List of International Grocery Stores in the Area: Intl Grocery Stores
- List of essential serivces in the area (Phone companies/Banks): Vendor Info