The Office of Academic Affairs is pleased to announce affirmative decisions on promotion following the conclusion of the Tenure and Promotion Committee meetings in December 2019.
The following tenured members of the faculty were promoted to professor, effective Sept. 1, 2020:
- Dr. Kurt Illig, Department of Biology, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. David Kelley, Department of Geography and Environmental Studies, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Arijit Mazumdar, Department of Political Science, Opus College of Business
- Dr. Sarah Schmalenberger, Department of Music, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Heather Shirey, Department of Art History, College of Arts and Sciences
- Dr. Jonathan Stoltz, Department of Philosophy, College of Arts and Sciences
The following member of the faculty was promoted to associate professor, effective Sept. 1, 2020:
- Ms. Rachel Moran, School of Law
Please join us in congratulating them on their success.
The Brass Bodies study is a cutting-edge research project led by Sarah Schmalenberger, PhD (Musicology) and Hornist, and Patricia L. Maddox, PhD (Sociology), at the University of St. Thomas. Based in an understanding that “women brass players are both an underrepresented and under-researched group in music,” the study investigates both the physical and social experiences of women who play brass instruments. Brass Chicks recently interviewed the team behind the Brass Bodies study.