LDCW Student Leadership Grant
The scholarship is awarded in the amount of $1,000 for the 2021-2022 academic year.
Applications will be evaluated using the following criteric. The student must:
- Be an undergraduate student of sophomore or junior standing.
- Be enrolled at St. Thomas during most or all of the scholarship period.
- Hold at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Demonstrate leadership abilities in the classroom and in the community.
The application cover sheet and proposal should be submitted as one PDF or Word document to the Luann Dummer Center for Women, email@example.com, no later than 4:30 pm on Friday, March 12, 2021. Members of the LDCW Advisory Board will then review applications and notify applicants of their decision.
1. Cover page with the following information: your name, student ID number, major, mail box number, phone number, and email address
2. A 1-2 page essay that describes how you are carrying out the mission of St. Thomas Women Connect (the mission statement is in italics at the top of the page)
3. Transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
4. One letter of recommendation
Preference for this reward is given to a female-identifying student. Students from under-represented groups and non-traditional students are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Luann Dummer Center for Women requests recipients be involved in LDCW programs (such as Feminist Fridays) throughout the duration of their scholarship. These and other events are listed on our website.
Contact Dr. Emily James, Director, Luann Dummer Center for Women via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.