At the University of St. Thomas School of Law, we are focused on providing an innovative and student-centered legal education unlike any other in the country. We welcome the accolades that have come our way.
- Influence in legal education: Professor Jerry Organ is consistently named one of the most influential people in legal education, sitting at #19 in 2017.
- Outstanding classroom instruction: In 2011, Dean Robert Vischer was named to National Jurist’s list of "23 Law Profs to Take Before You Die."
- Scholarly impact: Out of 200 law schools nationwide, St. Thomas School of Law's world-class faculty rank #23 for scholarly impact (2021), using the methodology developed by University of Chicago law professor Brian Leiter.
Outstanding career preparation and relationship development
- #1 for practical training: In 2022, St. Thomas law school was named the #1 law school in the country for practical training by National Jurist. St. Thomas has been ranked among the top 3 law schools in this category since 2014.
- #6 for state and local clerkships: St. Thomas School of Law was ranked #6 on Princeton Review’s 2022 list of law schools for the Best State and Local Clerkships.
- J.D. career development support: Compared with students at other law schools, St. Thomas School of Law students report greater satisfaction with the support they receive for career and professional development.
- Best LL.M. career development support: The LL.M. in U.S. Law program at St. Thomas received an A+ rating on International Jurist's 2019 list of Best LL.M. Programs because of the mentoring, networking and career counseling opportunities available to students.
- Best Cities for Young Attorneys: In its winter 2022 issue, National Jurist ranked Minneapolis among the top 20 cities for young attorneys.
Supportive, purpose-driven community
- #8 for quality of life: St. Thomas School of Law was ranked #8 on Princeton Review’s Best Quality of Student Life list for 2021. We've landed in the top 10 on this list nearly every year since 2008.
- Measurable impact: In a nationwide survey of law students, St. Thomas School of Law students reported greater satisfaction than students at peer schools on: the support they receive from their law school to succeed in the classroom, balance life and law school, and find meaningful employment; their development of values, ethics, career goals and a commitment to serve the community; and their likelihood to choose the same law school again.
- Scholarships and support: The School of Law has raised more than $100 million in gifts and pledges to establish professorships and chairs, and to provide financial aid for students.
- Best LL.M. experience: The LL.M. in U.S. Law program at St. Thomas was named a top law school for experience on International Jurist's 2019 and 2021 list of Best LL.M. Programs.
- Best LL.M. value: The LL.M. in U.S. Law program was also rated as a top school by International Jurist for its overall value in 2021.