Guide to Student Pay Rates
- On-campus student pay rates are based on the duties, expectations, and qualifications of the position.
- The pay levels listed below have been established to provide equitable pay rates across all university departments.
- Questions: Contact the Student Employment Specialist, Mary Ruce at Mary.Ruce@stthomas.edu
I have highlighted the things that have been edited:
Student Pay Rates for Regular (R) and Technical (T) Positions
Technical positions build upon the requirements and descriptions of duties listed for Regular positions within the same level.
Regular (R1) - $9.50
- Duties are of a generally routine and simple nature.
- Requires little or no experience.
- Close supervision.
Technical (T1) - $9.50
- Assists with technical related questions.
- Requires basic knowledge of PCs and operating systems.
Regular (R2) - $9.75
- Duties are routine.
- Involves a reasonable degree of responsibility and judgement.
- Direct supervision.
Technical (T2) - $10.00
- Completes technical, laboratory, or research tasks of a basic level.
- Requires specific technical, laboratory, or research knowledge or skill and/or equivalent experience or training.
- Requires ability to problem solve and attention to detail.
Regular (R3) - $10.00
- Duties are semi-routine
- Involves a moderate degree of responsibility and judgement.
- Some direct supervision.
Technical (T3) - $10.50
- Completes technical, laboratory, or research tasks of a moderate level.
- Requires higher level of problem solving ability and attention to detail.
Regular (R4) - $10.25
- Duties are varied and semi-complex
- Involves a substantial degree of responsibility and judgement.
- Requires specific knowledge or skill and/or equivalent experience or training.
- Indirect supervision.
Technical (T4) - $11.00
- Completes technical, laboratory, or research tasks of a semi-complex level.
- Requires solid troubleshooting skills and experience handling common network and software problems.
LEVEL 5 - UNDERGRADUATES CANNOT EXCEED THIS LEVEL.
Regular (R5) - $10.50-$14.00
- Duties are varied and complex.
- Involves a high degree of responsibility and judgement.
- Requires a significant amount of specialized training.
- Independent work, highly skilled.
- Student is hired as a content expert
- Minimal supervision.
Technical (T5) - $11.50-$15.50
- Completes technical, laboratory, or research tasks of a complex level.
- Extensive knowledge of technology, laboratory equipment and procedures, or databases.
- Experience handling network, software and hardware problems, conducting extensive research, or conducting detailed data analysis.
- Provide course assistance and consulting.
LEVEL 6 – RESERVED FOR GRADUATE STUDENTS COMPLETING GRADUATE-LEVEL WORK.
Graduate (GI) - $14.25-$18.50
- Student must be admitted for graduate work at the University of St. Thomas.
- Performs more complex specialist level work than described in a level 5 job (above).
- Requires significant work experience in the specialty area in which they are working.
- May represent the University beyond campus.
Student Pay Rates - Law Student Positions
Law School pay rates are industry specific and based on degrees of skills, responsibility, and experience.
Year 1&2 (L1) - $11.50
Year 3 (L2) - $14.50
Contact Us, Location & Hours
Human Resources Department
Aquinas Hall, Room 217
Main Office Hours
Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm