Graduate Certificate in Business Analysis
A key facilitator within any organization, the business analyst works as a liaison among stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies, and information systems. The Graduate Certificate in Business Analysis program focuses on both the technical and managerial aspects of software development that are required knowledge for successful business analysts, systems analysts, project analysts, project managers, software engineers, or quality assurance analysts.
In response to COVID-19, the University of St. Thomas has made prudent decisions to act on the advice of state and medical professionals. For spring 2021, all our classes in our Graduate Programs in Software and Data Science which are normally delivered in an on-campus classroom format, will be delivered live online. Each of our classes meet once a week or every other Saturday. The classes will still be held during their normal time on weeknights and Saturdays.
We are happy to help you in every way possible on your journey to apply, register, and start classes. Each of our classes meet once a week or every other Saturday.
Our staff and faculty are ready to assist you with your questions so e-mail us at email@example.com. That is why we are here.
To complete the Graduate Certificate in Business Analysis, the student must complete the five required SEIS graduate courses (15 graduate semester credits) with a GPA of 2.7 or better.
NOTE: Students have the option to use the coursework from the Graduate Certificate in Business Analysis to continue in the Master of Science degree.
Current and inactive students who enrolled in this program prior to spring 2020 may opt to remain with the graduate program requirements from their current catalog, or move forward to the newest graduate program requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Business Analysis.
Required Courses [5 courses]:
Complete the following five courses:*
- SEIS 601 Foundations of Software Development - JAVA (waived for appropriate prior programming experience)
or SEIS 603 Foundations of Software Development - Python (waived for appropriate prior programming experience)
- SEIS 610 Software Engineering
- SEIS 615 DevOps and Cloud Infrastructure
- SEIS 627 Software Planning and Testing
- SEIS 636 Requirements Analysis
*If SEIS 601 or SEIS 603 is waived, choose one additional elective course from the Graduate Programs in Software course catalog (SEIS courses).
View SEIS Course Catalog.
- A bachelor's degree in any discipline from a regionally-accredited educational institution in the U.S. (or international equivalent).
- An overall grade-point-average (GPA) of at least 2.7. (Applicants with a GPA less than 2.7 will be considered for provisional admission with their professional experience factored into the decision.)