What you need to know about your graduation and commencement ceremony:
- Prior to your final term, your degree evaluation should be reviewed for accuracy in Murphy Online. A minimum GPA of 2.7 is required to graduate. Email email@example.com with questions.
- The Office of Student Data and Registrar notifies Master’s students regarding the electronic graduation/commencement application (Murphy Online) in the term degree requirements are pending completion. An application for students pursuing a graduate certificate is not required. Graduate Certificates are automatically awarded upon successful completion of requirements.
- The commencement ceremony takes place at the end of spring term in May. There is no fall or summer commencement ceremony. View details at the University's Graduation and Commencement web page.
- Students who have six or less credits remaining to complete their Master’s degree may opt to participate in the spring commencement ceremony. Students who have completed the requirements for a Graduate Certificate only are not eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- If you have family members that live outside of the United States who would like to attend the commencement ceremony, please advise them to apply for a “tourist” (B1/B2) visa at the U.S. embassy in their home countries. You may request an “invitation letter” from the Office of International Student Scholars (OISS). For more information, email the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS)
- Semester timelines for master's degree and graduate certificate awards and diploma mailing:
Fall term: Awarded in January and diplomas mailed in February.
Spring term: Awarded in June and diplomas mailed in July.
Summer term: Awarded in September and diplomas mailed in October.
- Congratulations! As a new alum of St. Thomas you are now part of the Tommie Network. As such you can continue to visit with our Career Development Office to find a job, or if you have one, join a corporate affinity group (available at 3M, Medtronic, Best Busy, Boston Scientific, Target and more). Attend the First Friday speaker series luncheons or become a mentor. Moving away from the Twin Cities? Join an alumni chapter - St. Thomas has chapters in Chicago, Denver, San Francisco, London and more. Find out additional Tommie Network opportunities and details at alumni.stthomas.edu.
Our graduates are our ambassadors. Please tell others about our graduate programs.
Stay in touch. You are always welcome back on campus to network and find out about the new classes we are developing. We hope you will stay in touch with us and wish you all the best. If you would like to share a testimonial or success story about your graduate program in Engineering, please send your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.