Graduate Certificate in Technology Leadership
The Technology Leadership Certificate is designed to meet the needs of those wanting to improve manufacturing quality and methods by managing people and the supply chain more effectively. It was created for professionals who want to upgrade their skills or take on a new assignment or position.
Students have the option to use coursework from their graduate certificate to continue in a Master of Science degree offered through the School of Engineering at the University of St. Thomas.
In response to COVID-19, the University of St. Thomas has made prudent decisions to act on the advice of state and medical professionals. The format for spring 2021 will be either hybrid or live online, with faculty ready to pivot to have all classes fully online if needed. The classes are still being held during their normal time on weeknights and Saturdays.
We are happy to help you in every way possible on your journey to apply, register, and start classes. Each of our classes meet once a week or every other Saturday.
Our staff and faculty are ready to assist you with your questions so e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. That is why we are here.
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally-accredited educational institution in the U.S. (or international equivalent).
- An overall grade-point-average (GPA) of at least 2.7 out of 4.0. (Applicants with a GPA less than 2.7 will be considered for provisional admission with their professional experience factored into the decision.)
- A basic manufacturing knowledge is recommended.
To complete the requirements for the Graduate Certificate in Technology Leadership, students must successfully complete five courses (15 graduate semester credits) and maintain a GPA of at least 2.7.
REQUIRED COURSES (5 courses = 15 total credits)
Five courses (four required + one elective =15 credits) are required for this certificate.
Required courses (all four courses):
- ETLS 505 Managerial Accounting and Performance Management
- ETLS 551 Strategic Quality Management
- ETLS 601 Program/Project/Team Management
- ETLS 660 Engineering Leadership
Elective course (choose one):
- ETLS 552 Supply Chain Synchronization
- ETLS 652 Tech Forecasting and Risk Management
- ETLS 851 Enterprise Information Systems or SEIS 709 Enterprise Architecture and IT Strategy
- ETLS 853 Introduction to Intellectual Property Law
To receive the Technology Leadership certificate students must complete all of the four listed, required courses, and one elective selected only from this list. No exceptions.