Tuition Insurance Plan
Eligible students may wish to consider an optional insurance plan that provides coverage options for tuition, academic fees, housing, and board when a student must withdraw due to a covered medical condition. The GradGuard™ Tuition Protection Plan (TPP) is underwritten by Allianz Global Assistance and is a service of Next Generation Insurance Group, LLC. The TPP is not a plan of the University of St. Thomas . The TPP may provide insurance benefits in situations where refunds are not available under the St. Thomas refund policy.
Comparison of Refund Schedules
Subject to the TPP terms and conditions, if a covered student withdraws from classes due to a personal injury or sickness, the TPP will return up to 100% of the insured term tuition, academic fees, housing, and board, with a maximum coverage amount of $40,000. The schedule below highlights how the TPP extends beyond the University's refund schedule (assuming full TPP coverage is purchased):
|For Fall & Spring Terms if Withdrawal Occurs||UST Tuition Refund||TPP Tuition Refund||Student Receives|
|Through the 14th calendar day of the term||100%||0%||100%|
|The 15th - 21st calendar day of the term||80%||20%||100%|
|The 22nd - 28th calendar day of the term||60%||40%||100%|
|The 29th - 35th calendar day of the term||40%||60%||100%|
|The 36th - 42nd calendar day of the term||20%||80%||100%|
|The 43rd calendar day of the term & beyond||0%||100%||
Important Items to Note Regarding the TPP
- Injury and sickness withdrawals must force the student to withdraw from all courses for the balance of the term and the conditions must be certified by a licensed physician.
- Coverage must be obtained prior to the end of the 14th calendar day of the term.
- Participation in the TPP is completely optional.
- Refunds for students receiving Title IV financial aid will be calculated according to federal guidelines.
- Coverage options are available for all Fall and Spring terms.
- Custom coverage for J-term and/or summer terms may also be available; contact GradGuard directly for more information.
- Students with a pre-existing health concern are eligible to enroll in this plan, subject to all other TPP terms and conditions.
- Certain exclusions apply.
- For more information visit GradGuard.com/Tuition/stthomas or call (877)794-6603