Registration Instructions - Graduate Engineering
If you a returning student who has not taken a class for more than one year, you need to contact Graduate Engineering to have your account returned to an Active Status. Please contact us at 651-962-5500 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your St. Thomas ID in all correspondence.
Step-by Step How-to Register:
- Register online via the St. Thomas Murphy Online and Classfinder Systems. Contact Graduate Engineering at 651-962-5500 if you need assistance.
- Assemble the CRN numbers for the classes you wish to take from ClassFinder . Select the Term and then click Engineering under Grad Subject Areas.
- Select MURPHY for Students & Faculty on the dropdown menu
- Log into Murphy Online using your St. Thomas username and password
- Select Student Services
- Click on Registration
- Select Term that you are registering for.
- Add or Drop Class
- Enter the CRN of the classes you wish to register for and submit
- If the class you want to take is full, it is important that you place yourself on the waitlist via Murphy Online.
As a matter of process our staff will no longer be sending emails to alert you that you have been registered from the wait list. If your name is next on the list and a spot in the course opens up, you will be registered automatically. It is YOUR responsibility to check your registration status on Murphy Online, and if your interests in the course change YOU are responsible for removing yourself from the course or wait list.
Other Details in the Registration Process:
- Contact your advisor if you need assistance choosing a course.
- Hold on your record? Check Murphy Online and call with questions. Contact the Business Office at 651-962-6600 for any financial related hold, or Graduate Engineering at 651-962-5500 if you are unsure who placed the hold on your record.
- Check the prerequisites for all courses. Make sure you have satisfied any prerequisite listed in the schedule for each course you choose. You will not be able to register for the course if you have not satisfied the prerequisites.
Important Information about dropping a class:
In the event you must drop a class, it is important to be aware of the Refund Schedule since refunds are issued on a declining scale. If you have any questions, contact Graduate Engineering at 651-962-5500. All requests to drop a class after the semester has started must be submitted via email to Graduate Engineering at email@example.com . The date and time of the email will mark the effective drop date.