On-Campus Interviewing program brings various key employers to the campus to hire a Tommie during the Spring and the Fall Semester. It is an excellent opportunity for the students to secure an internship or a full time job offer.
Employers conduct on-campus first-round interviews for summer internships and full-time jobs. All interviews take place at the Career Development Center suite, MHC 123.
- This program runs during both Fall and Spring Semester with the majority of interviews taking place in the Fall semester.
- Fall - Late September to Early November
- Spring - Late February to Early April
- Students selected for on-campus interviews may be identified as finalist candidates and invited to final rounds of interviews at the company site.
- Summer Internships - Full-time, paid internships are regularly posted. Accounting students can find busy (tax season : January – April) internships here.
- Full-Time Jobs - These are available for graduating Seniors.
- Applicants must be on track to obtain an undergraduate (bachelor’s degree) from the University of St. Thomas.
- Most internships require Junior class standing at the time of the internship. Many will allow Sophomores to apply as well. If graduating the December after the summer, Seniors may be eligible for some internships, as well.
- Employers with IT-related internships and jobs will be open to M.S. students in our Software Engineering Program.
- Some employers have minimum GPA standards to qualify for an interview; specifics will be noted within position descriptions.
Below are the quick steps to getting started :
1. Complete Orientation to On-campus Interviewing (OCI)
The students can choose to do either the Live seminar or the online seminar for the orientation.
- Live Seminar - Attend a Live session by Career Staff to learn and prepare for the program. After attending the seminar the students are granted access to the OCI module within TommieCareers to be able to apply for the positions. The students will recieve an email confirmation receipt with instruction manual to start applying for the jobs.
- Online Seminar - Take an online course on Blackboard and pass the online quiz to obtain access to OCI module within TommieCareers to be able to apply for the positions. On successful completion of the course, students will recieve an email confirmation receipt with instruction manual to start applying for the jobs.
2. Apply to the OCI positions via TommieCareers
All the OCI positions are posted on TommieCareers. Once the students have recieved confirmation email for completion of OCI orientation, they wil be able to view and apply to the positions online.
Preparing for the OCI
Call 651-962-6762 for appointments.